JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just cracked a few Coors banquet beers before they go under like Bud for making some poor decisions in the next coming weeks
Bud Light has lost $27 billion in market value since parent company Anheuser-Busch got involved with that nutcase guy who believes himself to be a girl. Target is selling their Pride clothing at 50% off just nine days into Pride Month. Target's market value has plummeted by $15 billion since they got involved with that Pride crapola. I guess the American People are not as "woke" as Anheuser-Busch and Target believed us to be. I'm quite happy about that, if I may say so...

Bud Light has lost $27 billion in market value since parent company Anheuser-Busch got involved with that nutcase guy who believes himself to be a girl. Target is selling their Pride clothing at 50% off just nine days into Pride Month. Target's market value has plummeted by $15 billion since they got involved with that Pride crapola. I guess the American People are not as "woke" as Anheuser-Busch and Target believed us to be. I'm quite happy about that, if I may say so...
Bye bye bud light

Bye-bye, Bud Light!
I don't remember if I've ever consumed even one can of the stuff. If I have, it was obviously not memorable enough that the event has occupied a single brain cell since the day of that possible consumption. I have downed several bottles and cans of really cheap beer, one being Hurricane. Out of curiosity, I looked-up the IBU ratings. Hurricane has a bitterness rating of just 10, meaning not too much in the way of expensive hops is used in the brewing process. Steel Reserve has an IBU of 20 but as anyone who has ever drank one can tell you, it ain't long on flavor, either. At my local Love's truckstop, the Hurricane is $1.79 per can. The Steel Reserve is $1.89 per can. These prices are for the 25-ounce cans. $1.79 for 25 ounces is 7.16 cents per ounce. $11.00 for 72 ounces of good craftbeer is 15.27 cents per ounce. That's 2.14 times as expensive as is the horsepish in the big cans. I'm not a beer snob, meaning I'll drink cheap crap now and then. Sometimes I just want a beer, but don't want to reduce my inventory of the good stuff...

I don't remember if I've ever consumed even one can of the stuff. If I have, it was obviously not memorable enough that the event has occupied a single brain cell since the day of that possible consumption. I have downed several bottles and cans of really cheap beer, one being Hurricane. Out of curiosity, I looked-up the IBU ratings. Hurricane has a bitterness rating of just 10, meaning not too much in the way of expensive hops is used in the brewing process. Steel Reserve has an IBU of 20 but as anyone who has ever drank one can tell you, it ain't long on flavor, either. At my local Love's truckstop, the Hurricane is $1.79 per can. The Steel Reserve is $1.89 per can. These prices are for the 25-ounce cans. $1.79 for 25 ounces is 7.16 cents per ounce. $11.00 for 72 ounces of good craftbeer is 15.27 cents per ounce. That's 2.14 times as expensive as is the horsepish in the big cans. I'm not a beer snob, meaning I'll drink cheap crap now and then. Sometimes I just want a beer, but don't want to reduce my inventory of the good stuff...
Same I think I had a bud lighht when they ran out of other stuff…so if they were gone I'd find another beer no problem

Drank a New Belgium VooDoo Ranger Imperial IPA this evening. 70 IBU. 9% alcool. Ten bucks for a six-pack at Walmart. A dam-ned good beer at a good price. I recommend it!

I've been drinkin' new beers but failing to write my reviews. It's my dam-ned job, y'know. I do write on the cans, so my thoughts at consumption are not lost. I'll eventually get around to putting up my reviews. I have so many that what I will post will be kind o' minimal. If a beer is good, I'll definitely put that up. Same thing for if the beer is a waste of money...

I'm here for it.
I'll take it that you like to drink good beer with genuine hops flavor, a good color and a head of foam that hangs-around a little. Beer used to be like that, decades ago. Then cars became cheaper, kids began to drive and everybody wanted to grab a six-pack or a case and head to the beach with a couple of surfboards tied to the rooftop luggage rack. The desire for "instant beer" put the local pubs with a small brewery in the back out of business or dam-ned near out of business. To make the instant beer even cheaper, the big makers of it substituted rice solids for malted barley and went to really low levels of hoppiness. The state of commercial brewing became so bad that people began to (illegally) brew their own at home. The one and only thing Jimmy Carter did while in the White House that was worth an airborne copulation was to legalize homebrewing in 1979. From that, we today have dozens and dozens of craft beers on the shelves and in the coolers at our grocery stores. The lore is that Sierra Nevada Pale Ale was the first craft beer to go national for sales. I have quaffed a bunch, and it's a really good beer.

Speaking of really good beers, the Fat Tire Amber Ale that New Belgium makes of late is not a good beer. The new stuff is "greenie-wienie," and it tastes positively yucky. All this "carbon neutral" bullschiff has ruined a good beer. The old stuff has a dark blue/navy blue portion on the upper half of the carrier; that's a good beer. The new stuff has a lighter blue portion on the upper half of its carrier. In my expert opinion, the new stuff is crap and I'll never drink another bottle of it. I will, however, resume consumption once New Belgium realizes that they fronicated-up a good beer and will soon get back to the old ways. No predictions as to when that will obtain...

I have grown to appreciate beers off the beaten path from the mass produced garbage now. Coors is probably the only big label I like. Aside from that local companies are the way to go

I have grown to appreciate beers off the beaten path from the mass-produced garbage, now. Coors is probably the only big label I like. . .
I can dig it! Whenever I go to buy some beer, I always choose the one I've never seen before. Sometimes, it's a winner. Sometimes, it's $10 - 12 wasted on an eye-catching label. I drank something called "Juice Force IPA" from the company that uses a human skull with a big grin as their logo. The stuff was crap; never again. Currently working my way through a 15-pack of Founders All-Day IPA. 42 IBU, which is good. Unfortunately, they over-carbonated it and it blows-up into a monstrous head when poured. I've enjoyed it a few times previously but this batch, canned on 07/11/23 at 04:57:46 on Line 1is not one of their higher points. I still have eight or nine cans of it to drink. Once it's gone, I'll have to think about it if I want to risk another fifteen cans of a portion of the contents gushing out of the can when the pull-tab is cracked.

I drank a 32-ounce bottle of Miller High Life the other day. My one-word review: "Tasteless." I have to wonder why the brewery that makes this stuff calls it beer. I have wonder why anyone would actually want a second go-round with something with so little character and flavor. I will occasionally drink a Cat 5 Hurricane, a 211 Steel Reserve or a Mickey's Big Mouth... but I do not make it a regular occurrence. Each of them is so lousy that only an alcoholic with no self-respect would drink them on a regular basis. I have not yet sunk to that level...

Good idea! We have an official "What are you drinking tonight?" thread on NWFA.

I just changed the title of this thread to match :s0155:

Scored a bottle of Blanton's at the store the other day -- first time I've seen one in 3 years :eek:

Scored a bottle of Blanton's at the store the other day -- first time I've seen one in 3 years :eek:
Because I'm too lazy to look it up I have to ask, "What is a Blanton's?" I like Pale Ales and IPAs. I tried a Dogfish Head 60-Minute IPA yesterday. IBU of 60; dam-ned good! I believe this beer is so good that it should be able to be found in many, many places. I paid $11.77 for a six-pack at a convenience store not too far from my billet. My local Walmart doesn't have it. I guess Dogfish Head Brewing did not want to pay whatever Walmart wanted in order to move Bud Light out of the cooler and replace it with the 60-minute IPA.

I have three Walmart bags full of empty beer cans-- beers I have personally consumed. I have yet to post-up my reviews about these beers. Some are excellent; others are just slightly less drinkable than is equine urine.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top