JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not much for symbolic statements, and under other circumstances would say sell them. But with the copycat's and serial killer "Collectors" out there I would just as soon see them destroyed. After a recent killer died in prison, no less than 5 people tried to claim his last possessions, and spent a combined $50 grand in legal fees to try and get them! I'm sure they will auction them off for 10 times that! DR

For the AR-type items, split the lowers from the uppers and sell the separate pieces in shops across the city. Provide no information as to the origins of any item.

Total disagreement. If you're all for keeping them from the cruncher...Let's use it as a forensic academy museum reference piece so they can never be used again and for a good use. Those guns killed innocents. No disrespect intended but to want them in circulation and knowing what they were used for is pretty shameful to be bluntly honest.

Those guns killed innocents. No disrespect intended but to want them in circulation and knowing what they were used for is pretty shameful, to be bluntly honest.
No firearm kills anyone, innocent or no. Only a human can use a firearm to kill another living thing. Arguing that firearms kill people is tantamount to saying a firearm can remove itself from its case, open its action, load its ammo, conduct itself to the door of the building where it is kept, open the door, proceed upon its own power to where innocent people are located, intelligently choose a victim and commence aimed firing.

I stated that no information about the origin of the separated uppers and lowers was to be made known to any buyer. If no info is known, there can be no shame in owning one of the pieces. Shaming is crap, anyway. I'd feel no shame in owning any part of the murderer's firearms. They are parts. Pieces. Inanimate objects. Under my scenario I'd never know the origin, so I'd not be impacted in any way.

Americans have become far too emotional about distant events that have little to no impact on the daily lives of over 330 million of us. Sure; the Parkland thing and the Las Vegas thing were atrocities. But their direct impact upon me is minimal at best. I'm happy the batsard who killed the people in Las Vegas killed himself. Saves time and public money. I want the same fate for the canine excrement who murdered the school kids in Florida.

No amount of bloviating is going to change how I feel about this. Then why write such a length reply to someone as mentally vacant as me?

I accept that you want them available for what I suspect is selfish in nature, and you're going to deal with it that there is a person who does not agree with you that you can never hold the higher ground over.
This second sentence makes no sense. I think you've left out the word "not" between the words "you're" and "going." The addition of that word would make what you wrote more sensical, at least to me.

I have no selfish desires for the weapons used in the Las Vegas thing. Why would I? That happened over 400 miles from where I live. It happened over a year ago. I have no desire whatsoever to drive down US 95 to Vegas and scour the city to find the weapons. The traffic there in the mornings is maddening. I have been in it nearly 200 times since August of 2006. I have no desire to look into the rising sun while looking for guns that could be anywhere in the city. 800-some miles would cost me over 40 gallons of gasoline, plus accommodations and edibles while on what would very likely be a fruitless search. Such expenses would surely dissuade me from making the journey. I can do other things with the money, as could just about anybody.

It escapes me at this moment exactly who said "Let us speak no more of this" at Appomattox Courthouse when the Civil War came to its fitting end. Might have been Grant if he was there. I'd have to look it up to be sure. What was said meant that the conflict had come to an end. The victor then was not vindictive toward the vanquished, as I am not now with you. Have an enjoyable day...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top