JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was checking Davidson's Gallery Of Guns yesterday afternoon, when I noticed they got 88 Glock 17-L Long Slides in. I got up this morning and checked, and they were all sold out! All 88 of them sold in less than 18 hours. Glock only makes a couple of production runs a year of the 17-L, so people were waiting for them. I don't know why they don't produce them on a regular basis, like they do all of the other models like the 34. There sure as hell appears to be a big enough market for them, that's for sure.

I bought a mod. 24 and got a 6" 9mm barrel for it. Same thing, little easier to get and I'm a bigger bullets are better guy anyway. Easy adaptability is my favorite thing about Glocks. If a .357 Sig barrel turns up reasonably priced I'll snag that one too. It's my most used CCW cartridge so I've got a pretty good ammo supply.

My next Glock will be Mod. 40 which I'll get a .45acp barrel for. Or vice versa w/Mod. 41. If anybody's got one they wanna sell or trade I'm your man.

Last Edited:
Man, that's impressive. I didn't realize they were in such high demand. What's the difference between the Glock 17-L and the Glock 34?

Man, that's impressive. I didn't realize they were in such high demand. What's the difference between the Glock 17-L and the Glock 34?

Only difference between 17-L and 24 is the factory chambering, the 24 being .40S&W. Simple barrel and mag change to fire 9mm.
The 34 & 35 same thing but with 5.31" barrel. I went for the mod 35 and a match grade 9mm barrel to shoot the cheaper ammo.

I've had an E-Mail notification on these for quite a while from Davidson's, but like I said, they never have any in stock. The other day they unexpectedly E-Mailed me saying they had just gotten some more in. I immediately ordered one. It came in the other day, so I right away drove over and picked it up. I just made it home before the rain came. As I mentioned, the Glock 17-L is very hard to come by. I had read they are only releasing 500 of them for import into this country for 2017.

The reason it is a limited production gun, is because they have to shut down the standard Glock 17 line, then change out the tooling and fixtures to machine the longer 17-L slide. So they wait until they get enough orders from distributors to make it worthwhile. The result is only a couple of runs of them are produced every year. If you want one, you have to, "strike while the iron is hot", so to speak.

I'm really excited about this pistol. I have a standard 17, as well as the 19 and 26. But the 17-L has always intrigued me. As I said, I didn't realize how hard they are to come by. The 34's are a dime a dozen in either Gen 3 or Gen 4. Because they are so well used in all of the run and gun games. But no one stocks the 17-L around here, and Phoenix has many gun shops. They are much more uncommon than I thought.

Glock did a beautiful job in machining the slide to weigh and balance the same as a standard Glock 17 slide. The sights are sharp and definitive, as well as adjustable. The trigger is so much better than the conventional triggers the other service Glocks receive. It's much lighter and crisper. Surprising for a Glock. I have zero doubt this gun is going to see a lot of ammunition. I'm only sorry that I waited so long to get one!

vkMLmIU.png

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top