JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've recently completed an AR15 pistol build. Upon completion, I dry fired the weapon. It fires once then the trigger locks. I can release partial pressure on the trigger mechanism then it will fire again. But when I recock the trigger fully, it won't fire again.

Does anyone have suggestions on what went wrong with the trigger assembly?

I know of a man who has built three of them. He did so under the tutelage of another man who has helped many mill-out their 80% lowers. All of the lowers machined-out by the first man function flawlessly. I'm guessing you have your trigger and hammer holes just a red hair out of place. The lowers are aluminum. It may be costly but you can weld-up the holes, smooth-off the sides and try again. Or just trash the buggered one and try again with a fresh one.

I know of a man who has built three of them. He did so under the tutelage of another man who has helped many mill-out their 80% lowers. All of the lowers machined-out by the first man function flawlessly. I'm guessing you have your trigger and hammer holes just a red hair out of place. The lowers are aluminum. It may be costly but you can weld-up the holes, smooth-off the sides and try again. Or just trash the buggered one and try again with a fresh one.

I've done a few 80% lowers and when i have a problem it's often with either the placement of the trigger hole or that I haven't removed enough material from the inside where the hammer/trigger group sets. Both simply require a little material removal to fix

I've done a few 80% lowers and when i have a problem it's often with either the placement of the trigger hole or that I haven't removed enough material from the inside where the hammer/trigger group sets. Both simply require a little material removal to fix

I'm down to depth and length limits now!

It's a poly. So I have some wiggle room. But I can't go any lower or longer in the Fire Control Group area. The holes were done with a new jig. So I don't know what else to do. Maybe you're right, and I should trash it. Thanks for the suggestions.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I guess I'll get another lower and try again.

I'll tinker with this one on the side and see what the problem is.

Thanks again everyone.

I don't use a jig, I take an AR lower and using a couple of 1/4" drill bits I place the finished lower and the 80% one together, using the take down pin holes. Then using a transfer punch I mark the fire control pin locations along with the safety. That way everything gets placed in the exact same location as on the original lower. I often have a bit of trouble locating the exact place I want the trigger to go, but I haven't seen any major problems with making a too-large trigger opening. If you have a AR-15 lower that is correct you can easily strip it down far enough to really compare the fire control pin holes with your polymer 80% lower

I don't use a jig, I take an AR lower and using a couple of 1/4" drill bits I place the finished lower and the 80% one together, using the take down pin holes. Then using a transfer punch I mark the fire control pin locations along with the safety. That way everything gets placed in the exact same location as on the original lower. I often have a bit of trouble locating the exact place I want the trigger to go, but I haven't seen any major problems with making a too-large trigger opening. If you have a AR-15 lower that is correct you can easily strip it down far enough to really compare the fire control pin holes with your polymer 80% lower

That's a great idea. I'll try it. Thanks.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top