JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Direct quote from the article.
"In the modern firearm market, "tactical" is the name of the game, and we certainly see a proliferation of blacked-out guns covered with rails and sporting optics, suppressors and other modern accessories. There are a number of modern lever-action rifles on the market for the discerning shooter, and here are the ones you can buy today:"

Had my attention right there.

I found the article an interesting read especially the authors attitude towards rifles.

I did a search for "6 tactical lever-action rifles." I don't think I found the same article Belevolk mentions, but I did find a manufacturer which has released a Dark Series rifle. I have to wonder why they gave it such a name. The Criminal Left Party will seize upon the name, the Criminal Left Media will go right along with the charade and soon enough... lever-action rifles will be the new "assault weapon" that can take an intelligent decision to commit a heinous crime as well as to transport itself to where the crime is to be committed. I've been fooling-around with guns for very nearly forty years. I never knew they are as intelligent as they are said to be by noted firearms experts Chucky Bullschumer and Dianne "Dingbat" Feinswine. You can learn something new every day, y'know?

Sorry everyone, brain fart.

A lot of the levers in this class out there are pistol caliber. Something I do have but in other calibers. I have the dreaded Hi Point .45 carbine. Ugly and some what crudely made. Everyone wants to shoot it. Works all of the time to bad there is not a 30-50 shot drum magazine for it. I have used it on Pig hunts and it is a blast. I also have a Aero Survival Rifle, in 10mm. It is another evil black rifle looking to cause hate and discontent for the left. I bought the Aero as a bug out gun. Their web page says .22 mag to be available soon.
I have a lever gun a Browning BLR in .308. I decided that my old sholder could not handle a "guide gun" in 45-70. Just not enough mass to absorb the round like my Shiloh Sharps does.

I saw a pic of the Rossi black lever gun in 44Mag and really liked it for the rail even though it was forward like in a scout rifle. After checking out the article Belevolk posted I saw several that were cool as well like the Marlin with a rail over the action. Now I'm thinking it has to be the Marlin whenever I have to have a lever gun...

rossi-r92-triple-black-tactical-lever-action-rifles.jpg marlin-model-336-dark-series-tactical-lever-action.jpg

I bought a Rossi combo years ago, almost everyone has seen or heard of the 410-22( include variants). There are big boy combos. I got a 12-308. I keep it wrapped up on the floor in my truck, Mixed box of 12's including 5 slugs and a box of 165 grain hollow points. With old eyes and such a short gun probably not much better then 100 yards. Was cheap when I bought it. Was really looking for a Savage over-under but those are so damned expensive. A friend of mine's 8 year old boy knows where the gun is in my truck. He wants to shoot it. I have found a reason for him to do something else. I do not want to ruin him with the recoil from it. He understands permission first before picking up a weapon. Dad is teaching the right way to enjoy shooting sports.

A lot of the levers in this class out there are pistol caliber. Something I do have but in other calibers. I have the dreaded Hi Point .45 carbine. Ugly and some what crudely made. Everyone wants to shoot it. Works all of the time to bad there is not a 30-50 shot drum magazine for it. I have used it on Pig hunts and it is a blast. I also have a Aero Survival Rifle, in 10mm. It is another evil black rifle looking to cause hate and discontent for the left. I bought the Aero as a bug out gun. Their web page says .22 mag to be available soon.
I have a lever gun a Browning BLR in .308. I decided that my old sholder could not handle a "guide gun" in 45-70. Just not enough mass to absorb the round like my Shiloh Sharps does.
I like my BLR .308, have had it since 1972... still, at my age now it is a bit of a thumper and I have other options, like a Yugo 8mm/7.92x57- also a thumper but longer barrel and heftier to absorb recoil. With Euro hunting rounds it will destroy pretty much any deer, bear etc in it's path... Frankly tho pretty much anything I am likely to meet will fall before the wrath of Kalash... or even the .30-30...

I have one of the BCA .22 Magnum conversions that works perfectly. TNW, maker of the Aero rifle states that they will also offer a .17 HMR version. Their Survival model in .17 could make for a very interesting varmint rifle. I'm hoping they can get it to work. Several other companies have tried to get a semi-auto .17 HMR to work without blowing up, but most have not succeeded.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top