JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My experience with "night sights" was less than acceptable.
I put a set on my P85 and could barely see them in the dark.
Maybe mine were bad, (brand new). I went to lasers I have a green which is better in the day time and a red which is killer with muted or darker light.

I tried the paint on see in the dark and again it was less than satisfactory. I ended up with some nail polish that is florescent orange which works well as long as there is some light.
Do not remember where I got the polish.

Maybe mine were bad, (brand new). I went to lasers I have a green which is better in the day time and a red which is killer with muted or darker light.
I tried the paint on see in the dark and again it was less than satisfactory.

Night sights need to be replaced after a period of time. Trijicon allows you to send them back and get "NEW LAMPS" for about 1/3 the cost or less. Depending on your night vision as to how long they last.

I can see two little dots of the rear sights on my Sig 365 laying on my night stand when the lights are off from across the room, 12 feet away! Bought April of 2018.

I tried the paint on see in the dark and again it was less than satisfactory. I ended up with some nail polish that is florescent orange which works well as long as there is some light.
Do not remember where I got the polish.

I put a set of night sights on my Kimber almost 10 years ago & they're still easy to see when the lights are out

My DiamondBack 9mm is about the same size as my KelTec .32.

So....I'd rather carry the 9mm. But.....it's heavier. So then, it is sometimes inconvenient to carry around (w/my pants going south w/o a belt).

Rrrright.....choose the right handgun for the right occasion.

GEDC1009.jpg
DB 9 at the top.

GEDC1010.jpg
KelTec on top.

GEDC1003.jpg
DB 9mm

GEDC1004.jpg
KelTec.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I have carried 32 auto as a defensive gun for a long time.
As a get me out of trouble gun they do just fine.
But they are not the gun I would reach for to go see what made that bump in the night!
I have a French made PPK, a pre war Walther PP, a Beretta 70 and a Italian copy of the Beretta.
All of them fit well in a pocket, And do their intended job.
I quit carrying them when I was going to need a series of surgery's that would keep my right arm in a sling for over a year.
I went back to small snubby revolvers, because they were easier to use one handed! I also found out the large padded slings make a pretty good place to keep your gun!

I guess, if trouble starts, I'd rather have a .32 on me than a .357 at home in the safe. With that said, make sure you carry the best defensive ammo available & train/practice with the gun you plan on carrying. If you carry in public, keep it concealed and try to stay out of places where trouble starts.

I heard a guy named Leroy carried a 32 gun in his pocket for fun...
Seriously, I had a CZ-70 many moons ago that was actually a very good little gun, once you got past that trigger pull. But .32 ACP is a wee bit light for my taste. in todays world where 9mm sidearms can be had in almost the same size.

I heard a guy named Leroy carried a 32 gun in his pocket for fun...
Seriously, I had a CZ-70 many moons ago that was actually a very good little gun, once you got past that trigger pull. But .32 ACP is a wee bit light for my taste. in todays world where 9mm sidearms can be had in almost the same size.
And that's the hitch! When 32 was popular the larger caliber rounds were not dependable![ in tiny guns] Now I can have a 9 in just about any size and have it be 100% dependable. I remember in the 70's and 80's that was not yet a reality.
In 79 or 80 I had a Detonics Pocket 9. To make it work they had to make it weigh a ton! And it did not shoot any better than a 32 Beretta 70. They were both guns for getting you out of trouble, Not getting in trouble.
I carry a small frame 38 revolver now, same idea... Its only for getting me out of there! DR

My wife has the parent Tomcat with painted sights. Because the Allycat has been discontinued, I'm wondering if fresh tritium sights are still available for it? Unfortunately for the Tomcat, front sights are not dovetailed making an upgrade not cost effective.
As far as I know the only Beretta tip-ups still in production is the 22LR. I have 22 short, 22lr, 25ACP, 32ACP, and a 380ACP all tip-ups and used to carry the 380 as my EDC. But, I worried that if it came down to it and TSHTF, I'd have to give it up and it would probably disappear in police custody, just like a SS Walther PPK. Most can be found on line but are fairly expensive. The model 86 cheetah tip-up in 380 is nearly extinct as after you've fired one or carried it as an EDC it becomes a beloved firearm and most end up as safe queens. I have been trying to find one for my wife, but so far, have had no luck. I bought the 22LR from a gun store NIB in 2011 after moving to Arizona so it may still be available.

....just like a SS Walther PPK. Most can be found on line but are fairly expensive. The model 86 cheetah tip-up in 380 is nearly extinct as after you've fired one or carried it as an EDC it becomes a beloved firearm and most end up as safe queens. I have been trying to find one for my wife, but so far, have had no luck. I bought the 22LR from a gun store NIB in 2011 after moving to Arizona so it may still be available.
FYI, you can get them on GunBroker for the $600-$1000 range. I checked history and saw a couple sold for even less. You just have to keep watching. I have one in .22, .25, and .32. My daughter carries the .32 when she hikes. I'm usually more concerned with the 2-legged predators than the 4-legged ones.

I would carry a 22.Magnum or a 32 ACP, but I like revolvers for smaller caliber. You would have to buy a KelTec or Berretta to get a new 32 ACP and I think you have to order one at that. I rarely carry my seven shot, .22 Magnum, J Frame, 351PD anymore as I have so many in my carry rotation. I do carry a 327 Federal LCR more often

I just looked up the MSRP on the respective website a the P32 is $360 and the Tomcat is $595 Looked at the Covert model

I have a Walther PP, matched nazi marking that I carry loaded with Lehigh Defense Xtreme Bullets. Don't carry it all the time but it is accurate and I have up'd its performance with these loads.

lwigh.jpg

I have a berretta 32 tomcat with the flip up barrel I bought for my wife as a house gun because she couldn't rack slides with her tiny wrist albeit its a pretty heavy packer but sure sucks up recoil for her. I also have an Iver Johnson 1900 in 32 that actually shoots pretty good all things considering
View attachment 4274
I also have a Tomcat 32 as sometimes pocket back up, rather than a PPK 380 IWB as #2 and Kimber Wraptor 9mm as main carry… Love all three with hollow points plus they're great fun to shoot…

796D730B-9CB4-4524-90E4-C3265E7D5A68.jpeg 44F71459-D9B2-4533-B751-5640F34B4C2C.jpeg 095B49A9-37A1-4754-A4DC-A5941FA9A749.jpeg

The little Tomcat is tough to beat. I bought one for my daughter years ago. It's reliable, light, and concealable. While .32 ACP isn't what I would call a "go-to" cartridge for defense, it does have it's uses. I used to carry a PPKS back in the day but with the advent of "tactical tupperware", there are lots of better options. It's funny how heavy my PPKS feels today.

I have an PPKS because it was a bucket gun. Always wanted the JBond gun. The .380 has its limitations which are known to all. Mostly I carry a .45 which has a green lazer. Becuse of my age and size most people are not interested in what is in my fanny pack. The others I tell they will be disappointed if I show them. Like to keep the idiots confused.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top