JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In an effort to encourage everyone to leave our outdoor shooting areas cleaner than we find them, Southwest Firearms is giving any member who submits a photo of at least three full bags of trash a free one year Bronze Supporter membership. If an area is relatively clean you may also collect one or two bags of trash over two or three occasions, post photos of them when you get home, and once you collect your third we'll give you the membership.

Step 1: Take a photo of the trash you've collected with a piece of cardboard or something similar that has your Southwest Firearms username written on it.

Step 2: Post the photo in this thread.

Step 3: Send a message to @Joe Link.

A big thanks goes out to all of you who do this on a regular basis, keep up the great work!

I am quite happy to report that while I went out shooting this morning to our local shooting place - there was no trash to be picked up! I came home with only the trash I took out there. It's fantastic that other people have begun picking up more than they leave. Hooray for other shooters!!!!!!

I am quite happy to report that while I went out shooting this morning to our local shooting place - there was no trash to be picked up! I came home with only the trash I took out there. It's fantastic that other people have begun picking up more than they leave. Hooray for other shooters!!!!!!

That's fantastic! I'm always very happy to see this. It should be the goal.

In an effort to encourage everyone to leave our outdoor shooting areas cleaner than we find them, Southwest Firearms is giving any member who submits a photo of at least three full bags of trash a free one year Bronze Supporter membership. If an area is relatively clean you may also collect one or two bags of trash over two or three occasions, post photos of them when you get home, and once you collect your third we'll give you the membership.

Step 1: Take a photo of the trash you've collected with a piece of cardboard or something similar that has your Southwest Firearms username written on it.

Step 2: Post the photo in this thread.

Step 3: Send a message to @Joe Link.

A big thanks goes out to all of you who do this on a regular basis, keep up the great work!
Me and my buddy's have been organizing clean ups at sites in flagstaff and phx we've hit about 6-7 spots including the cinders out by Williams ( can't tell now)
I just stumbled onto this blog and would like to set some up in a bigger group. My number is 9288631224 if anyone want to join. I'm putting together the next one, it'll be at table masa rd.
I'm calling the group "clean shooting" dumb name i know lol. Just let me know guys.

Last Edited:
I can dig it. We had a great place to shoot; it was right along NV I-80 at Exit 36 at the Derby Dam exit. People had been shooting there for years and years. Then one day, I drive by and there's nobody on the hillsides. There's a steel-pipe gate across the access road. The whole site had been closed. Later learned it was because so much trash and shot-up targets (paper targets and wood stands, broken bottles and perforated tin cans) had been discarded there. Was an eyesore, so somebody hillaried and it was closed. That was three or four years ago; still closed-off. I don't shoot there; never did. I have my special place on a dry lake just three or so miles from my house. I can set-out 600 yards worth of range (old tires every 100 yards), shoot all day and never see another soul. I moved here from Northern Virginia just so I could shoot. Well, that and to escape the insufferable summer humidity of Virginia around Winchester ... and to escape my company having me drive into New Jersey to make deliveries in the insanity around Newark, Bayonne, et cetera. I love Nevada, and hope I never have to leave.

I help support a desert clean up with the BLM, Republic Services, Mint 400 Offroad Race & some shooting groups. We often do a raffle and give away gun training gift certs, AR500 targets, etc. Ill post up next time we have one, normally target the Sloan / Jean, NV shooting areas.

28427838_1631331086903722_4376140421252775936_n.jpg

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top