JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm finally biting the bullet and looking for a 20ga the Old Woman will use (as well as myself). Primarily for home defense, possibly as a ride-along to keep handy on trips.
What Im looking for is a short(er) barrel- 20 inches or so max- with extended mag, either installed or add-on. (This is what has given me fits, trying to find!). I lean toward Mossberg for the handier safety, but a Remington in this configuration would do.
OR an extended mag for either the mossberg 500 20ga or the 870 20 gauge, something I can install myself.
My searches have proven frustrating- either out of stock or non-existent... thank you for any help/hints! Dun

Last Edited:
I got one of these for my Dad & built him a .410 AR-15
with a 15 round mag it'll likely take down anything around his house

Years ago I picked up an 870 Express in 20 gauge, 22" barrel? Wasn't looking for one but guy had it for a song. Great for females to have some heavier firepower than a handgun around the house. Train them up to a 12 gauge, so the 20 gauge got tossed in the trunk and spent it's life there. Loaded with buckshot, relatively innocuous, effective, reliable.

You're on the right track. Can't help with extended tubes. The 5 round capacity on mine seemed sufficient.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top