JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are plenty of choices out there. I always decide if I like a weapon by handling it. If it feels comfortable then check the price. I suggest that you find a store and put 20-30 choices to your shoulder. Do not forget to check the pawn shops, there might be some deals at one in your area.
I am building a Rem870 12 gauge pump, because I have it. I found Phoenix Tech recoil limiting furniture for it less than $90. Really bought it because of the 6 position stock. Most stocks are short on me.
An auto may cost you a bit more than a pump. I like the idea of the pump because the bad guy should be having bladder control problems, after the first round. There is only one sound on the planet like when a pump shotgun is racked.
Good luck with your decision, lots of good equipment available.

There are plenty of choices out there. I always decide if I like a weapon by handling it. If it feels comfortable then check the price. I suggest that you find a store and put 20-30 choices to your shoulder. Do not forget to check the pawn shops, there might be some deals at one in your area.
I am building a Rem870 12 gauge pump, because I have it. I found Phoenix Tech recoil limiting furniture for it less than $90. Really bought it because of the 6 position stock. Most stocks are short on me.
An auto may cost you a bit more than a pump. I like the idea of the pump because the bad guy should be having bladder control problems, after the first round. There is only one sound on the planet like when a pump shotgun is racked.
Good luck with your decision, lots of good equipment available.
Does the pump "rack" work? You bet! Robbers broke into a school; A cop entered; Robbers ran; Cop "racked" one time; Robbers stopped and dropped to the floor. Great sound in empty halls of learning!

If I have a gun in my hand it has a round in the chamber.
If you are betting your life on the sound of a shotgun being racked , you should rethink your game plan. It might just save your life.

As far as home defense shotgun goes.
My top two choices are the Remington 870 and an Ithaca model 37.

Lots of good 20 Ga semi-autos out there, I prefer Ren 1100s after 870 pumps. Even though I do have a fond spot for my Krebs custom 12 GA.

IMG_3158a.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top