JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I took my Desert Eagle 1911 to the range this morning. On the third or fourth magazine insertion, the slide stopped and would not move forward. When I looked into the breach, the first round went straight into the feed ramp and stopped. I could not eject the magazine until I used a screwdriver to dislodge the cartridge. I used my other factory magazine and fired 8 more rounds without incident. The magazine in question goes in tighter than the other one (both are factory magazines). I have a Mec-Gar magazine that goes into the firearm much smoother than the factory magazines, as well as a stainless/nickel ACT-MAG that goes in super smooth. I just ordered 3 more Mec-Gar stainless magazines for this pistol.

So, I am wondering if anyone has run into this issue with a Desert Eagle 1911. If so, did using different magazine correct the problem, or did you have to take other steps?? This 1911 is super smooth on the slide action - my only issue with it is the trigger sometimes giving me a double tap without a second pull (not very often). If anyone has any ideas on this one, your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Handloads ? I had a Rock Island Armory in 22 TCM ( hear me out ) that would fire the round and the spent casing would not eject and the slide would not open.. I honestly had to hire two pool girls from Belize to help me get the slide to open. I mean it would not open. After getting the slide back and the shell extracted, I looked at the case and noticed that near the bottom of the casing, I could see a slight raised ring that went all the way around the base of the case. It was .00010 larger than the OAD. That caused to case to get stuck in the chamber because the factory loaded them too hot AND they found out the brass was too soft and now they used nickel cases.

Just a thought.....

Take the slide off and watch to see how the mag seats in the frame, does it fully engage the mag catch? Loaded and empty? does it push up the slide stop when empty? Does it release easy and fall free?

Too bad This post wasn't here this morning. I already took it apart to clean and lube it. I will just try it with the aftermarket magazines and see how it does at the range next week.

I had a similar situation using an springfield xd. The chambered round had not properly fed into the chamber, and its position prohibited racking the slide. I too succeeded in removal of the live with a screw driver. Further inspection of the round revealed a dent in the brass that we beleive caused the problem

If you continue to have problems with the nag you might look into Nighthawk's trade in program. For $10 they will exchange your mag for one of their new ones.

Hadn't heard of the Nighthawk program, but I've used the Ed Brown program and have always had great success with them. I have fewer Nighthawk mags and use them less, but they've worked for me as well.

Hadn't heard of the Nighthawk program, but I've used the Ed Brown program and have always had great success with them. I have fewer Nighthawk mags and use them less, but they've worked for me as well.
Ahhhh brain fart on my part. I was looking at Nighthawk guns when answering. You are correct the mag replacement program is Ed Brown. Sorry for any misconfusion

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top