JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got another 1911. I'm somewhat new to the platform, does anyone have any suggestions on holsters that wont rape my wallet?

IMG951314.jpg

Hughes Holsters makes a variety of holsters for the 1911 at an excellent price for a quality holster. His gun belt is a good value too. It took about two weeks to get a custom made holster, belt, and mag pouch.

I have a Safariland 7378 Kydex paddle holster that works very well. Mine is an older version, but the newer one should work the same. You can get an optional belt loop setup for it (I prefer paddles). The actual part number is 7378-53-411 (the link shows a Glock, but this holster is available for many firearms - if your manufacturer is not listed, then choose Colt as the brand and Government as the model - should fit pretty much all 5" 1911 pistols).

This is the one that I got (no one has it in stock - may find it on eBay or similar): Safariland 7378 7TS ALS Concealment Paddle and Belt Loop Holster | Academy

Here is the link to the new version: Safariland® Model 7378 7TS™ ALS® Holster | The SAFARILAND Group

Last Edited:
Pro-Tech Outdoors has a very serviceable holster for 1911's in the $20.00 range. I found this company while searching for a holster for my Para Tactical with a mounted light. The holsters are available on Amazon. I'm very happy with the holster and using it now while on vacation near Flagstaff, AZ.

I plan on open carrying it. I conceal a 38 snubby. I'm also not a polymer guy so I would be leaning towards leather but will settle for a plastic holster if I don't see anything that catches my eye. It's a magnum research desert eagle 1911G. Probably the nicest gun I've owned.

Cooks makes a very nice holster. I have five of them. Having a 15% off sale now.

I carry a 45 most of the time and the best tip I can give you is not so much the holster but the belt. Check out Kore belts especially the tactical. It's wonderful, trust me. I have the web and leather. Supports the weight of a 45.

90F8ED7F-629F-4052-8066-F41AF2EE0297.jpeg

E08EDBBF-8BFC-4433-95A5-60C979B3D899.jpeg

0587DC70-A86E-4AEE-BEB3-3B08DDF3A921.jpeg

Cooks makes a very nice holster. I have five of them. Having a 15% off sale now.

I carry a 45 most of the time and the best tip I can give you is not so much the holster but the belt. Check out Kore belts especially the tactical. It's wonderful, trust me. I have the web and leather. Supports the weight of a 45.

View attachment 4141

View attachment 4142

View attachment 4143

Do they make an IWB for my Wilson Combat brigadier tactical? Those look sweet!

Do they make an IWB for my Wilson Combat brigadier tactical? Those look sweet!
They make several hard to find holsters. I found one for my CZ75BD PCR for left hand. Very hard to find in left. Also bought one for the Sig Nightmare, TP9SFX with optic, 1911, 1911 with tac light.

I can't stress enough that it's the belt that makes the difference.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top