JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wait; those aren't the same?
Not according to the military-- which has a description for everything with which they fool. The M-16 with its 20" barrel and triangular handguard is what soldiers took to Vietnam in the 1960s and early 1970s. The M4 with its 14.5" barrel and round handguards is the carbine version of the M-16. The lower receiver of either is more or less identical because the function of each firearm is identical, save for the M-16 being full-auto and the M4 being three-round burst-fire. But you knew all that...

Not according to the military-- which has a description for everything with which they fool. The M-16 with its 20" barrel and triangular handguard is what soldiers took to Vietnam in the 1960s and early 1970s. The M4 with its 14.5" barrel and round handguards is the carbine version of the M-16. The lower receiver of either is more or less identical because the function of each firearm is identical, save for the M-16 being full-auto and the M4 being three-round burst-fire. But you knew all that...

I was being sarcastic but its good to have a explanation in writing in case a liberal logs in and reads this! LOL

. . . in case a liberal logs in . . .
Be a cold day in hellsinki for that. Libs ain't got the stones to log-in to sites that present the truth about firearms, and the Americans who legally own them and lawfully use them. Libs just can't stand the reality that there are millions upon millions of Americans who would never deign to use their firearms for anything untoward or illegal. Liberals truly, truuuly believe that any American who owns a firearm is just two seconds from committing a heinous crime with it. My God, but do they have their heads shoved-up a narrow passage that never feels the warmth of sunlight...

Last Edited:
Be a cold day in hellsinki for that. Libs ain't got the stones to log-in to sites that present the truth about firearms, and the Americans who legally own them and lawfully use them. Libs just can't stand the reality that there are millions upon millions of Americans who would never deign to use their firearms for anything untoward or illegal. Liberals truly, truuuly believe that any American who owns a firearm is just two seconds from committing a heinous crime with it. My God, but do they have their heads shoved-up a narrow passage that never feels the warmth of sunlight...

People who don't own guns and believe others should not also, probably believe that THEY would commit "a heinous crime" ergo NO ONE should have a gun.

. . . probably believe that THEY would commit "a heinous crime." Ergo, NO ONE should have a gun.
I'd vote for that theory, too. Libs are well-known for projection and conflation. It's not without the realm of possibility that a lib would say you can't be trusted with a gun because he himself believes he can't be trusted with a gun. We know what that says about our legal ownership and use of a firearm, but what does it say about him? Tells me he has no faith in himself to be a citizen endowed by God to defend himself and those dear to him-- to include our beloved country...

Just couldn't resist throwing in this animation I made for
Valentine's Day. Shooter Gangster.gif

So, not trying to pic-nits. But I've been educated that a true machine gun was belt fed crew operated dedicated full auto only.
Where as select fire battle rifle was never intended for sustained full auto, which would ultimately destroy it.
The only reason I care about the semantics is that I hate for those in the gun industry to feed the media anymore fodder for propaganda.
To add to this: The MG was designed to be a mounted gun

So I was listening to Tom Gresham's Gun Talk radio, he was interviewing the owner of Centennial Gun Club and they were talking about their full auto rentals and they kept referring to these full autos as "Machine Guns". I guess this is a generic term but I'm disappointed to hear those in the gun industry use imprecise terminology.

And these scare words coined in the back room of the most dishonest group I know, the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence have even been used by the NRA as Semi Auto Assault Rifles, a Glock is a plastic gun that can go through airport security. A .50 is only used to shoot airliners out of the sky and a Saturday Night Special is to keep guns out of the hands of the poor. A Cop Killing Gun I still don't know what that is. The Brady Center gave 3 links to inform me about these guns but they all went no where. Once this group put up a link to contact them if you had a problem donating cash or teeth or what ever you had to keep Sarah Brady living in the life style she is accustom There must of been more than just me giving them my 2 cents cause 12 hours latter the page vanished. Can you think of another group that lies as these rabid leftist and she is still the darlin of DC?

The bug-eyed bravo-itch died four or five years ago. Don't know about you, but I miss her just slightly less than I do my last cluster of pilonidal cysts at the top of my glutal cleft...
How did I miss that? She use to pull $900,000 a year off the top of those donations she got. I wonder who is ripping off her patties now? I just went to their web sight. Same so called facts. They said gun deaths cost America $292 billion a year. Like to see how they got that fact. Still no way to contact them unless it's a donation which you can do from any of their pages. When they said they changed their name from Handgun Control to the Brady Center they said it was to honor the Bradys. No it was a pro gun group bought out all the domain names around Handgun Control. On those sights they put real gun stats and some good jokes. You don't need a gun. If your home is invaded just assume the brady position, the fetal position and make no defensive move. Soon they will tire of beating you and move on to another family member. If lucky neighborhood watch will show up and watch.

Last Edited:
I'm going with three other people. two quads and a side by side one quad with a wench on it. Horses available if needed. Hopefully won't be to bad if we get one but still I'm not 20 anymore :s0092:
see, heres where youre messin up. you need to go in completely unprepared. thats when you'll get an elk and wish you had all the quads and stuff to help you out.

just about every good story starts with "this one time, i was huntin....."

;):):p:cool:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top