Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

“MACHINE GUN”

Reactions
I have only been shooting Fully Automatic weapons for 14 years. What I have been told is that a weapon that shoots a rifle caliber bullet is a machine gun, and a weapon that shoots a pistol caliber bullet is a submachine gun. This nomenclature is what's on my Federal Tax Stamps.I have a Pistol caliber submachine gun that uses 72 round drums and will hit inside a 3 inch circle in Full Auto at 100 meters while mounted on a tripod. You can call it whatever you want, but I call it awesome.

OP
M
Reactions
I have only been shooting Fully Automatic weapons for 14 years. What I have been told is that a weapon that shoots a rifle caliber bullet is a machine gun, and a weapon that shoots a pistol caliber bullet is a submachine gun. This nomenclature is what's on my Federal Tax Stamps.I have a Pistol caliber submachine gun that uses 72 round drums and will hit inside a 3 inch circle in Full Auto at 100 meters while mounted on a tripod. You can call it whatever you want, but I call it awesome.
That’s the information I’ve been seeking. Thank you.

Reactions
This!
This is correct, and I'm glad the AFT has made this distinction, so we have an official position from which to work with!
I'm betting the states are going to be super pizzed when the law suits start piling up and one of them goes full Semi Auto up to the Supreme Court and gets a final ruling on classification, which pretty much shoots down the entire "Assault Weapon" falsehood! Bring it on, says me, Let it Rain!

Reactions
@v0lcom13sn0w is right, the more stuff you forget, the better your chances! LOL
Shoulda see it, it was snowing, we was shootin into the wind up hill and this monster stepped outta the trees, BANG, and now the work begins!
2 miles to the truck, no rope, no winch, no anything but a rifle and a knife! That's how it works!

Last edited:
@v0lcom13sn0w is right, the more stuff you forget, the better your chances! LOL
Shoulda see it, it was snowing, we was shootin into the wind up hill and this monster stepped outta the trees, BANG, and now the work begins!
2 miles to the truck, no rope, no winch, no anything but a rifle and a knife! That's how it works!

I know but I'm lazy these days :s0092::s0114:

LATEST REVIEWS

• Bass Pro Shops - Las Vegas
    4.00 star(s)
    2 pistol and 2 rifle ranges. Not too bad of a layout but they are tight.
    • djthumper
  • Nellis Gun Club
    3.00 star(s)
    Tried to take my Scouts out for Rifle Merit Badge Qualifications and it took a while to make contact with them for when we could go use the range...
    • djthumper
  • Bruno Shooter Supply
    4.00 star(s)
    When I can get there, I never leave without buying something I needs, because they always have something I need!
    • armoredman
  • New Frontier Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    Great store and inventory, they have a lot of items. The staff is always friendly and helpful. This place gets really busy and you have to take a...
    • djthumper
  • Las Vegas Shooting Center
    5.00 star(s)
    Lots of room to get around in the store. The range looked nicely lit. Friendly staff.
    • djthumper