JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Buying a fully assembled gun is a process subject to a host of regulationsand restrictions, especially in states like California that tend to be more stringent.

But anyone can make a gun at home.

The do-it-yourself route is often favored by gun enthusiasts, including hobbyists and competitive shooters. It can also be a path to gun ownership for felons and people with mental illnesses or those who have been convicted of domestic violence.

The Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, part of the gun safety group founded by Gabrielle Giffords, the former representative from Arizona who survived an assassination attempt in 2011, is calling on two internet service providers to disable websites that sell materials and tools to create homemade weapons. Such weapons, often referred to as ghost guns, were used in a mass shooting in Northern California this month.

The websites, ghostgunner.net and ghostguns.com, allow customers to bypass background checks and build unregistered firearms without serial numbers.

Continue Reading: 'Ghost Guns,' Homemade and Untraceable, Face Growing Scrutiny

Chipping away at problems that aren't problems.
except maybe when they ARE a problem!

She's a bit over the edge for my taste, but lets not forget she's someone who had a bullet in her brain put there by someone who should have been reported by any number of people, but who still BECAME A PROBLEM!

There are already laws against building and selling ghost guns. Do you think that more laws will change the criminals behavior? Criminals are criminals because they don't care about laws or consequences. Penalizing and restricting good people to somehow try and change the criminals behavior has never worked - and it never will. How many rights are willing to give up for false security?

Gabby Giffords is allowed to have her opinion about whatever she wants.....just as I am and you are.
It's not OUR fault that another out of control left-wing snowflake started shooting at one their own.

There are already laws against building and selling ghost guns. Do you think that more laws will change the criminals behavior? Criminals are criminals because they don't care about laws or consequences. Penalizing and restricting good people to somehow try and change the criminals behavior has never worked - and it never will. How many rights are willing to give up for false security?

Gabby Giffords is allowed to have her opinion about whatever she wants.....just as I am and you are.
It's not OUR fault that another out of control left-wing snowflake started shooting at one their own.

Fact still remains that whackos are evading the laws. And they're doing it based on loopholes exploited by GOOD PEOPLE who exploit loopholes. If there are laws against supporting efforts to create ghost guns, then THE PEOPLE WHO ASSIST IN BREAKING THE LAW SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN! Or doesn't that make sense? They don't need to change people's behavior, but they SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED TO ENCOURAGE OR ASSIST BAD BEHAVIOR!

Making murder extra against the law because of where or how you bought the murder weapon doesn't bring anybody back from the dead. More "feel good" laws also don't mean anything if the existing laws aren't enforced. Take Chicago for example. They want strict gun laws - but then the judges let people off because enforcing the laws is somehow socially unacceptable now. So criminals get to do what they want - while the numbers of victims increases. Felons aren't supposed to have guns. Seems pretty simple. But if all the felons aren't held accountable when they are caught with guns - then who's fault is that? According to the Leftist Media - it's somehow the NRAs or Indiana's fault. Somehow the criminals get a free pass.

It's the same deal with ghost guns. They want to somehow blame all the people who adhere to the laws, while the criminals don't care at all. Again, making murder extra against the law means nothing.

seems to me they want to shut down the people who sell parts that ghost guns are made from. If memory serves correctly, there are serial numbers on certain gun parts that are supposed to be registered. If a company isn't registering those parts, it seems the might be confronting the law. If its found they are not complying with the law, they should be subject to the proper penalties. Seems to me that the party being HURT is the person BREAKING THE LAW. Or do you disagree?

What the h--l is EXTRA AGAINST THE LAW? What's your premise for that definition?

I watched a few times that California politician make a complete fool of him self talking about ghost guns that fire a 30 magazine clips in half a second. Maybe that shooter in Cal was a normal everyday Joe and a normal everyday Joe in Cal doesn't have a Second Amendment and before he lost the second he lost his fourth amendment. Maybe he was just a patriot doing his duty since no one else in Cal would.

Stop me if I'm wrong. If any elected person, dog catcher, president, and every thing in between writes or supports a law that goes against the Constitution and it's Bill of Rights the people's duty is to yank, pull, or drag him from his perch then select a citizen jury that will have him answer for his crimes and pass sentance on him. But now these tyrants do what they please.

and Social security is unconstitutional and not only did they pass it but then passed a law saying it wasn't good enough for them giving their self's full pay including raises for the rest of their life. Obamas lying two faced 'Affordable' Care Act was also not good enough for these branch bait SOB's so they write another law having us pay for their health care for the rest of their life. 90% of them are perverts and child rapist so they pass another law making them immune to sexual harassment laws. What did the people that took this back siding with out a kiss or reach around do? Nothing, null, zip, zero. So they keep doing it until one day we are no longer a republic and because they took the guns for our protection there isn't a damn thing our children will be able to do about it.

Take the numbers of the people murdered in the last 100 years. Ad to it suicides and deaths by accident. Toss in the numbers of every nation's war dead the last 100 years. It equals a drop in the bucket of the ones murdered by their own governments. Most people would give their life to save their child. Still we do nothing. We did nothing as obama sent thousands of weapons to the worst bunch of murderers this side of the Pecos and the other side too. His reason was to cause murder and carnage, work up a frenzy in his useful idiots to call for a ban on semi auto weapons. Just listen to the speech he gave in Mexico city only a week after being caught as he blamed American gun owners for all Mexico's violent crime. Ya can't live with em but doing our duty we can kill em and anybody else threatening our freedom or not and let our kids do it with rocks.

sorry, BB, I thought this was a thread about a second amendment issue? You've brought up at least 7 other subjects and I, for one, am having a hard time keeping a right mind about ONE.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top