The Three Points Range is located about 25 miles West of downtown Tucson, Arizona on U.S. Route 86 (Ajo Way). The entrance to the range is on the north side of the roadway, about 2.5 miles West of Robles Junction (Three Points) just past Mile Post 148.
The range is open to the public daily between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. and is closed on the holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Tucson Rifle Club was first organized in 1896 and chartered by the National Rifle Association in 1919. As such, TRC is one of the oldest continuously operating shooting clubs in the State of Arizona. The Three Points Public Shooting Range is operated by the Tucson Rifle Club through lease agreement with the Arizona Game & Fish Department for the safe use of firearms and the promotion of the shooting sports.
Prior to the Three Points move, Tucson Rifle Club operated until 1967 on a tract of land that is now the site of Pima College West. The former site of TRC was deeded to Pima County in exchange for cash and the lease agreement for the land upon which the Three Points Public Shooting Range now sits.